POLOKWANE – A schnitzel is meat, usually thinned by pounding with a meat tenderizer, that is fried in some kind of oil or fat. The term is most commonly used to refer to meats coated with flour, beaten eggs and bread crumbs, and then fried.
What’s for Dinner says this is another quick and tasty way to cook up chicken schnitzels by topping them with grilled brinjal and a cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle salt over both sides of brinjal and leave to stand 10 minutes.
- Rinse salt and juices off – this removes the bitter juice from the brinjal before cooking.
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium heat.
- Brush brinjal with oil and season then grill on the griddle pan for 5 minutes each side.
- Remove to a plate and pour over lemon juice.
- Bake or fry chicken schnitzels until done then set aside.
- Place tomatoes in baking tray and top with garlic, salt and pepper and drizzle with a little oil.
- Place under the grill for 7 minutes or until tomatoes are tender.
- Prepare the KNORR Three Cheese Pasta Sauce using boiling milk and whisk well until smooth.
- Place oven onto grill function
- Place chicken schnitzel in a single layer onto an oven tray, arrange brinjal slices over and top with KNORR Three Cheese Pasta Sauce, basil, tomatoes and parmesan.
- Grill for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with salad leaves.