POLOKWANE – When you think of a waffle, you think of one topped with ice cream and sauce, but did you know waffles can be savoury too?
What’s for Dinner says these deliciously light, crisp, golden waffles topped with poached eggs and cream cheese are the perfect dish for breakfast, brunch or even a light dinner.
- In a bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, half the contents of the sachet of KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake, spring onions and parsley, then mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 4, then shape into balls.
- Heat the waffle iron, then grease with a little vegetable oil.
- Place the mash balls, one at a time, into the centre of the waffle machine, then close the lid and allow to cook for 8 minutes, or until crisp and golden.
- Serve two potato waffles per portion, topped with a dollop of cream cheese and hot poached eggs.