POLOKWANE – The Lilizela Tourism Awards, which was coloured in beautiful gold and black, recognised and awarded those individuals and businesses that contribute to South Africa being regarded as a high, must-visit tourist destination. The event was held at Meropa Casino and Entertainment World on Tuesday, 11 September as different guesthouse staff, hotel owners and managers gathered.
The Lilizela Awards is an initiative of the National Department of Tourism (NDT) and spearheaded by South African Tourism (SAT). The hosts/programme directors for the evening were the local radio presenters, Kulani Ms Kulie Hobyane and Gabriel Mr Gab Mogashoa as they welcomed the guests and introduced the special guests, including the MEC of Economic Development Environment and Tourism, Seaparo Sekoati, who gave the keynote address.
The CEO for Limpopo Tourism Agency Nomasonto Ndlovu gave an overview of tourism in the province and the Chairperson for Limpopo Provincial Tourism Association, Gerhard Franken, gave a message of support to the guests and nominees.
The Muzo Brothers and Dinaledi Tsa Setso Setswana dancers entertained the guests with songs and traditional dances.
Lilizela Tourism Awards 2018 winners are as follows:
• Garden Court Polokwane Accommodation Mobility 3 stars – Capricorn Region, Polokwane
• Bushbaby River Lodge Bed and Breakfast 4 stars – Mopani Region, Hoedspruit
• Swadini A Forever Resort Caravan Park Caravan and Camping 3 stars – Mopani Region in Hoedspruit
• Summerset Place Country House Country House 4 stars – Waterberg Region, Bela-Bela
• Patong Guest House Country House 3 stars – Capricorn Region, Lebowakgomo
• Makgabeng Farm Lodge, Emerging Tourism Entrepreneur of The Year Awards (ETEYA) 4 stars – Capricorn District, Senwabarwana
• Fifty Seven Waterberg Game Lodge 5 stars – Waterberg Region, Vaalwater
• Phelwane Game Lodge Game Lodge 4 stars – Mopani Region; Hoedspruit
• C U Guest House Guest House 4 stars – Mopani Region; Phalaborwa
• Bushmen Inn Premier Lodge Guest House 3 stars – Vhembe Region; Musina
• Fusion Boutique Hotel 5 stars – Capricorn Region; Polokwane
• Protea The Ranch Hotel Hotel 4 stars – Capricorn Region; Polokwane
• Garden Court Polokwane Hotel 3 stars – Capricorn Region; Polokwane
• Lydsdorp Hotel Hotel 2 stars – Mopani Region; Lydsdorp
• Kone Village Boutique Lodge Lodge 4 stars – Vhembe Region; Ha- Ramantsha Village
• Timbavati Safari Lodge Lodge 3 stars – Mopani Region; Hoedspruit
• ATKV Klein Kariba Meetings, Exhibitions and Special Events (MESE) 3 stars – Waterberg Region; Bela-Bela
• TAHS-SA (Traditional African Homestays South Africa) Roots and Culture N/A Vhembe Region, Makushu/Musholombi village
• Matimba Bush Lodge Self-catering exclusive 5 stars – Mopani Region, Phalaborwa
• Silonque Bush Estate Self-catering exclusive 4 stars – Mopani Region, Phalaborwa
• Birdsong Cottages Self-catering exclusive 3 stars – Waterberg; Modimolle
• Sondela Shared Block Chalets Self-catering shared vacation 4 stars – Waterberg; Bela-Bela
• ATKV Klein Kariba Self-catering shared vacation 3 stars – Waterberg, Bela-Bela
• Kalanga Safari PTY LTD Tour Operator, Limpopo Province
• TAHS-SA (Traditional African Homestays South Africa) MEC’s Award 2018, Vhembe Region