POLOKWANE – A good chicken pot pie is a force to be reckoned with and is a favourite among many South African families!
Whats for Dinner says this is a perfect weeknight dinner recipe, especially for the kids. Packed with tender chicken and vegetables, this comfort classic is not only seriously tasty, but also really quick to make.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C.
- Marinate chicken in olive oil, garlic, rosemary and white pepper for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring water to the boil and add Knorr Vegetable Stock Pot, carrots, celery and onions and cook for 2 minutes. Strain out vegetables, reserve vegetable liquid.
- Re-heat reserved vegetable liquid, add Knorr Chicken Stock Pot and simmer. Thicken by mixing a little corn flour with some water to form a smooth paste then stir into the stock.
- Stir in cream, chicken and the strained vegetables. Simmer over medium heat until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Brush edges of pie plate with egg. Turn mixture into pie plate, then top with crust; pressing edges to seal. Brush top with egg, then slit.
- Bake 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Serve with a salad or beetroot.