POLOKWANE – If you’re looking for something light and refreshing to make for dinner tonight then this recipe is ideal for you.
What’s for Dinner says lemon, ginger and red chilli give these tasty hake fishcakes a big flavour kick – and they’re delicious served with a fresh pineapple salsa.
- 50g butter
- Using a sharp knife, chop the fish as finely as possible – do not mince the fish as it will result in tough fishcakes.
- Place the chopped fish, spring onion, chilli, lemon zest, ginger, mayonnaise, 60ml of the coriander & 1 packet of the KNORR Naturally Tasty Chicken & Broccoli Bake into a bowl. Mix together well and season to taste.
- Form the mixture into 8 cakes, then refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the butter and oil in a pan then fry the fishcakes for about 4 minutes on each side, or until golden and cooked through.
- For the salsa, mix together the pineapple, lime juice and zest, and a little extra chopped chilli, to taste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve the fishcakes topped with the salsa.