LIMPOPO – The seventh and last escapee, who is one of the seven prisoners who broke out from Kutama Sinthumule Correctional Centre outside Makhado in October 2017, has been re-arrested during an intelligent led joint operation conducted in the early hours of this morning.
Read more: Prison break from Makhado prison
30-year-old Raphaelj Nyota from Harare in Zimbabwe, who was imprisoned for murder and robbery with aggravating circumstances, was apprehended around Ivory Park taxi rank in Gauteng.
According to Police spokesperson, Col Moatshe Ngoepe, this brings to seven the total number of all the escapees re-arrested.
Nyota will appear before the Makhado Magistrate Court soon to face a charge of escaping from lawful custody.
The other six escapees who were re-arrested earlier are as follows :
* Chris Faku (37).
* Jabulani Isaac Mahlangu (32) from Pretoria.
* Ntshengedzeni Manukha (26) from Thohoyandou.
* Ntshavheni Thomas Munyai (30) from Riverside.
* Justice Makamo (28) from Zimbabwe.
* Phathutshedzo Namadodzi (34) from Dididi village outside Thohoyandou.