LIMPOPO -According to police spokesperson, Lt Col Moatshe Ngoepe, 1 098 suspects were arrested by police during a multi disciplinary and intelligence driven operation which was conducted in ‘crime infested’ areas in Limpopo till this morning, 23 April.
“Operation Fiela II was executed through various sub operations including: Bontsha Mohlala ,Uya Pamwe, Vala Madi as well as road blocks, stop and searches, patrols, tracing of wanted suspects, raiding of illegal businesses and inspections of firearm dealers,” he explained.
You might also want to read: Seven suspects arrested in Seshego during Operation Fiela II
• In Tzaneen, 188 suspects between the ages of 21 and 40-years-old were arrested for various offenses and the following achievements were made:
– One shebeen was closed and in doing that, the following items were recovered: one 500m eskom electricity cable; 26, three legged pots; nine 660 ml cases of castle lite; five 750 ml cases of hansa; four 660 ml cases of reds dry; 27, 750 ml cases of black label; six, 750 ml cases of castle milk stout; two, 750ml quarts; seven, 750 ml cases of castle larger; five, 750 ml quarts; 29 boxes of shadocks; 10 bags of oranges; one 50kg shadocks and three boxes of avocados.
– Two farm compounds, two homes and 18 people were searched and nine vehicles were tested.
During boarder policing operations, at the Beitbridge Boarder post, 67 undocumented foreigners were arrested.
• In Mahwelereng, 23 suspects between the ages of 21 and 47-years-old were arrested for various offenses and the following successes were achieved:
– Three illegal firearms as well as rock and nyaope drugs were recovered, 10 undocumented immigrants were arrested, nine documented violations of the Road traffic Act, 15 goats ,three sheep and a Toyota single cab were recovered.
• In Lephalele, 43 suspects between the ages of 19 and 46-years-old were arrested for a series of crimes such as burglary, possession of suspected stolen properties and assault. The following achievements were made:
– 19 motor vehicles searched, sixty people searched, 20 motor vehicles were tested and recovered as well as 62 dagga plants and two knives.
• In Thohoyandou, 232 suspects between the ages of 23 and 49-years-old were arrested for various offenses, including dealing in drugs. 80 sachets of nyaope and cash amounting to R6 660 was recovered.
• In Polokwane, Mankweng, Bela-Bela, Sebayeng, Modimolle, Orighstad, Northam and Thabazimbi, 30 suspects between the ages of 20 to 46-years-old were arrested for possession of suspected stolen properties, possession of unlicensed firearms and dealing and possession of drugs and dagga.
The following items were seized:
-Pellet firearm resembling real firearm.
– 28 laptops.
– 22 sachets of CAT.
– Cash amount of R4 750
– 1,979g of dagga.
– One .38 firearm, 9mm pistol toy gun and groceries.
– A VW Pasat
– Seven bags of dagga.
– 650g of dagga.
In Burgersfort, four suspects between the ages of 23 and 37-years-old were arrested for possession of unlicensed firearm and contravention of the Firearm Control Act.
During the arrest, the following items were confiscated:
– Three rifles with three magazines.
– One Pump gun.
– Two 9mm Pistol with one magazine.
– Seven paint ball air rifles.
– 12 mandrax tablets
– Two laptops
In Groblersdal, Gravelote, Apel, Botlokwa, Dennilton, Vuwani, Zebediela, Lebowakgomo, Makhado and Giyani, 458 suspects between the ages of 19 and 52-years-old were arrested for various offenses ranging from rape, murder, business burglary, common robberies to possession of suspected stolen properties and drugs.
“The arrested suspects have started appearing before different Magistrates Courts throughout the province,” he concluded.