POLOKWANE – Not only does mint have several health benefits but it also adds a unique flavour to many dishes.
Mint is a popular herb, has several benefits which include proper digestion and weight loss, relief from nausea, depression, fatigue, and headache.
What’s for Dinner says this bright, spicy and refreshing salad would be delicious served with grilled lamb chops or even on its own.
- 5ml garam masala
- 5ml Robertsons Paprika
- 30ml lemon juice
- 100ml KNORR Creamy Garlic and Herb Salad Dressing
- 1 tin chickpeas, drained (410 g)
- 150g green beans, topped and tailed
- 1 bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- 60ml freshly mint, chopped
- 2 rounds feta cheese, crumbled
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- cucumber, sliced
- To make the dressing combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk well then add the chickpeas and set aside
- Cook the green beans in boiling water for 2-3 minutes until bright green and crispy then drain and refresh in ice water while preparing the other salad ingredients
- Add the spring onion, mint, feta cheese, cherry tomatoes and cucumber to the chickpeas
- Remove the green beans from the ice water and add to the other ingredients
- Toss gently to coat with the dressing the transfer to a serving bowl and serve